Tuesday, 7 May 2013

From Bad to Worse

No good news I am afraid. The hospital called me at 3:45 this morning to say they were taking Carl to the ICU. He was going to be ventilated. I wanted to know if they could wait until I got there so I could at least speak to him but they said, no. I got dressed and hurried up there anyway. The Dr came out to speak to me and he didn't have much encouragement. They were planning to do a bronchoscopy as well. 
I called Jason, Carl's son, and he came. 
Carl is in a chemically induced coma and on a ventilator. A terrifying sight to be sure.
This morning we will have a meeting with the Dr's after rounds. I will know more then.


  1. Words can't say how sorry I am that you both have to go through this. It's good that Jason is coming to be with you. Hoping and praying for the best outcome.
    Hugs, Marilyn

  2. Keeping both of you in our thoughts and prayers Gale