Been at the hospital since 10:30 this morning. Another fever 39.1 this time. All the tests came back no bacteria present. Dr's mystified. They are running another batch just in case something got missed.
Possibly another bronchoscopy tomorrow, which as he already has a tube down his throat will be rather easy. They will just sedate him. He is conscious just lightly sedated. He is breathing on his own with the help of the ventilator to maintain pressure in the lungs. He is frustrated he can't speak.
Physios came in today and got him standing beside the bed and he even took 2 steps. That wiped him right out.
The presence of the ventilator means were are on hold for transplant. We knew when we were approved that if he ever ended up in the ICU intubated this would happen we just didn't expect that it would. When he comes off the ventilator we hope to be back on the active list. Time will tell. Still deep in the woods.